Wednesday, December 5, 2007

nicknames....



so...since i have nothing better to do than waste time in the computer lab when i should be doing final projects and actually studying (seeing how i have finals in just over a week from now)..i am listening to my new fav CD jon mclaughlin (LOVE IT) and thinking about all of the nicknames that i have ever had... there have been so many in all 27 years of my life... i have been able to come up with a lot, and i thought that it would be fun to have you comment and tell me all of the names that you know of that i have had, that you have called me (appropriate ones..), or names that you know i have been called by others. i have had a lot of fun doing it, and i think that those who post some and help me out will bring a lot of smiles to my face...along with so many memories. isn't it funny that just a name can do that? - - well...just so you know, a name that i am called more often than not these days is 'heffa' (which has inspired the name of my blog) ... it all started when i was telling one of my roomates that after my mission i worked with a child with downs, he would call (basically yell) my name everytime that he walked into the door of our facility. since he could not say his J's and he skipped syllables etc. so he would call me "heffer" (which i know is a cow) but really it fit along with other family nicknames...and well the name "heffa" stuck! it is a lot of fun. it is especially fun to see how people react the first time they hear me respond to "heffa" they think how rude! but i just laugh...and we love it! 'heffa' later inspired 'heffalump' and i am not called that a lot, but it is written more than it is spoken sometimes... love it! (: well that was a long story...but i hope that you have as much fun as i have thinking about nicknames... really.... i know that you have all had so many- i cannot wait to hear about the ones you remember! (: love you!

8 comments:

jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I remember that we tried to call each other John and George, but I still just call you Jenni-Lynn. I'm sorry they aren't as funny. Oh, by-the-way I'll be in Utah till the 23rd, so if you'll be here then, I'd love to see you. Besides I have a present for you. It's actually your b-day present to. I'm so bad at getting you your gifts!!!
Love you!
PS-I'm glad you went back to the background again. It really does compliment you. I'm glad we have another reason to smile at the coincidences in our lives.

Rivka said...

Oh, jenners, jinni-linni-, jeeg, ji-ji-free, jen-fier (like chris-fier...do you remember), uh....that's pretty much all i can think of right now but just so you know, I had to go back and take all the capital letters off them that I had put on because well, Jeeg just doesn't look right.

Love, Riv

Bon said...

I am not sure I think I called you mostly Jen, Jenny sometimes, and Jen-fur without the i sound!!

Heather said...

My personal favorite if "feniger". I believe that I am the only one to use that one, yet it is hilarious!

jenn said...

that is true heath- you are the only one that calls me that. i have had 'jeffiner' but you are the original fenijer.

Brad, Adrienne, McKenna, Bryn, and Lauren said...

Jen,jenners, jeeg, jinnylin (think group of unruly preschoolers runnung toward you in a feild by partial care:)),jiji, jenfer,jinny.

jenn said...

lol adee- those partial care kids are so funny...we had a good time didn't we!