Thursday, January 31, 2008

the only way to go!


this really has got to be about the second best thing ever invented. yesterday i had a cavity filled in the dental clinic at ISU and my hygienist decided that it would be really fun to use the nitrous. i had nothing to lose, and i knew that i would be there the entire afternoon so i said why not! of course she said that if i felt sick or started see things that i should let her know....well, i did not let her know. this was way fun...i mean here they are giving me shots to numb me up, and drilling, and all of that jazz, and i am on cloud nine or something...it was really crazy....at one point i had to laugh a lot, so i tried to hold it in, i was breathing funny...you know like when you have all of this stuff in your mouth so you cant really talk, and you are in this room with so many people...i held it in as long as i could, and the assistant said "we've got a giggler" and that did it for me. i laughed so hard that i started snorting. i know that this gives you a great picture in your head. here i am, goggles on, nitrous in my nose, a rubber dam in my mouth (along with dental tools, drool, and all of that fun stuff) and i am laughing hysterically...it was great. my roommate is my hygienist...so we've talked and laughed about it a lot. i guess what i am trying to say, is go for the nitrous...it is the best way to get a filling.... (: hope you are all well. and hope you get a good laugh! again, i take a lot of my pictures from my phone...sorry if the quality is not so good!

6 comments:

kadj64801 said...

Love the photo!! Nitrous has to be the best thing in the world. I visit lalaland every dental visit. How did you feel on the gas? Was everything echoing? I fall in love with the ceiling lights every time. Any more photos? Cant wait to go to the dentist again...yummy!

jenn said...

so i don't exactly know who this is? can anyone help me out?
kadj64801
i would love to know! (:

Rivka said...

So, my flav is how you have the best pics of yourself ever on this blog! My second flav is nitrous. I never go without and I too am a giggler. P.S. Whatever you do, do not watch the Cosby show on that stuff! Even when I don't I still spend the whole car ride home laughing till I cry. If I were going to abuse something it would most definitely be this!

jenn said...

well riv i am going to have to agree with you... it would be easy to abuse! (: i love it! as for the fab pics that i have of myself...i am sure that you know i have a camera on my phone, so i like to take random pictures. blogs are more fun with pics...so i put them on. i am not that self centered, but i think it might seem that way. (:

Becca said...

I'm glad you take pics from your phone--this one is priceless!

Heather said...

A song comes to mind as I read this...."Alcohol!" Slightly different, but oh so similar feelings. Just think about 2 a.m., off key singing...three girls in a basement...