Wednesday, June 25, 2008

this past weekend....


well, this past weekend i just had to get out of town... i stole amy's car and headed to american fork as soon as i could! friday i got to chill with bonnie, then i went to her house before driving down to see jenny. for those of you who dont know jenny is my best friend from colorado... my pen pal all through high school and on my mission, well she is great! i got to her house by about 8 (without getting lost... suprizing to some of you i know) (: anyway, we chatted foever on friday and just got caught up on life really, man i love that girl. saturday she had to go to the temple, so i went to springville to take some stuff to a friends house, then i went shopping at KOHLS. i eventually made it back to jenny's house and decided to go to the temple... WOW! i love the mount timp temple... when i was done i just sat out on the grounds and read my scriptures. the spirit was so strong, and i was so humbled to feel so strongly the spirit just saying that all will be okay! it is great to be reminded of that! jenny was done at the temple by 5 and we decided to just hang out at her house, we dont get to spend that much time together, and it was fun just to watch movies, talk, and be there for each other. it was great! i headed home sunday right after church and hit poky about 8. my roomie chan was still there so i stopped and we went to a friends house for games and a bday party.. it was weird to be back in pocatello, but at one point i forgot that i actually didnt ilve there. chan and i left and then ended up talking until after 1am, i stil had to drive home. i made it to blackfoot before calling chan so she could keep me awake! i am so glad i am blessed with the greatest friends!

5 comments:

Bon said...

It is wonderful to have great friends, friends that uplift and help each other! I don't know what I would do without mine!! I am glad you have such good ones!:)

Rachel said...

That sounds like it was a blast. I love road trips and hanging with out of town friends & family. It's the best. No worries about the birthday thing. I had a party on Friday night and have another one this coming Saturday. We just do dinner, movies, shopping, dorky girl stuff, pedicures etc. I really wanted to do a murder mystery dinner theater party, but the hubby was busy with baseball tournaments all week. :( It was a great bday! There was of coarse the usual work, cleaning etc, I'm still a responsible adult:)

The Hammers said...

You do have great friends. I am still waiting to see my friend, before she moves away again...Hint Hint! CALL ME FOR LUNCH! I need to get out!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

It is so good to have great friends, they are hard to come by. I wish I felt up to going on a road trip! I'm far to uncomfortable to do any traveling in my current state!

Jenny said...

It's cause you're a great friend that you have great friends. Although sometimes I feel like you are a much better friend than me. I love you! You are the best!